How often do I take the time to remember people and then take the additional step to remember them to God? Usually, even if I do remember people, I remember how I feel/felt about them, the things we did together, or how they affected me in my life. How much more joyous and connecting would it be actually to take the time to thank God for them? To be spiritually joined with them again through the bond of Christ?
Thank you, God, for so many faithful friends over the years, so many people who have helped bear my burdens, shape my thoughts, and change my heart. Thank you for the many humble souls who have given me the joy and honor of helping them in similar ways. And thank you for those whom you have placed in my path to thwart my desires and challenge my idolatries. Continue to grow in me a heart that seeks relationship with others. Continue to expand my vision to see how you are speaking to me through others. Continue to develop in me wisdom to see how I can speak and minister your Word to others in meaningful ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment